Go Back   gprime.net boards > other stuff > General game discussion > Nintendo

Nintendo Discussion of Nintendo console gaming products

View Poll Results: What do you rank it? 10 = best, 1 = Worst.
10 10 43.48%
9 3 13.04%
8 3 13.04%
7 2 8.70%
6 2 8.70%
5 0 0%
4 1 4.35%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 2 8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2006, 11:29 PM   #1
uglypugly

Tournaments Won: 1

Default Nintendo Wii

Well, its been a week since launch. Its doing very well in sales, and IMO is beating the PS3 to the ground. Out of the people here, who else other than myself own a Wii? What do you think of it? What games do you like? Is it "teh pwn" ? What do your friends/family think of it? Any virtual counsole games? Any other comments you like to made about it?
Here's my answers...
-Yes i have a wii.
-I think its extremely intuitive. I find i must control myself from knocking out my brother while swinging to hit the baseball/tenis ball.
-I have, other than Wii sports, which comes with it, Zelda: Twilight princess. I'm only 5 hours in, as i only managed to get it on friday, and my brother is 9 hours in. I love this game, and it fills the enormous boots that wind waker, and ocarina left for it very well.
-Yes, it is teh pwn.
-Me and my brother have gotton the 6 people in our imidiate family to create there own "mii's". My dad actually beat me on our first go round at bowling. I'm doing better now though. Even my mom also gave it a go, and my other brother and sister both enjoy it alot. All we need now are for more bloody wii-motes to arrive at nearby stores.
-My brother spent $20 US, ($22 with tax) on 2000 "Wii points". With these, he bought Super Mario 64, from Nintendo 64, and Sonic the Hedgehog 1, from Sega genises. As of now, they only have maybe, 30 or so Virtual console games. NES games cost 500 points, Genises and SNES are about 800, and 64 are 1000. With those 2 games, Zelda save slots, and half a dozen Mii's, the wii still has about 1800 "Blocks" of space left. It started with just over 2000. You can get SD cards for more space too.
-If you can spare the $300-400, depending on which games you want, i think you should, if you can, get a Wii. Its extremely fun, and i havent yet, but i believe Wii sports will surpass Super Smash Bros. Melee in party fun. My dad was also interested in it's photo presenting ability. He uses a camera that uses SD cards, so he just plopped 1 in, and opened it up. You view them as thumbnails, from a dozen, to several dozen on the screen at once. You can also to slide shows, with different sorts of happy music in the background, and slow, dramatic, panning of the pictures. Don't think that you will look silly, standing infront of your family waving a little white stick around, because they will laugh just as much as you do while you fail misserably to return the ball, and try to understand tenis scoring systems.
Well, thats that.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:58 AM   #2
MrNaPaLm32
Banned

its really just because there are no PS3's to buy.
MrNaPaLm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:44 AM   #3
gwia
Aussie Philosophy

I can't rate it, it doesn't come out until December 7th down here, the PS3 won't come out until March next year so I can't compare until like 2008.
gwia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:34 AM   #4
uglypugly

That doesn't mean either of you should down-vote it, lol.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:32 PM   #5
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

I haven't got my hands on the Wii yet; I honestly don't plan to either. I'm sure that one of my friends will want to show his off later in the week though, so maybe I can give my thoughts afterwards.
Ryu-Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:09 AM   #6
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

It's not that bad, I have a Wii and it's pretty good. I'm waiting for other games to come out to make the Wii more fun.
Drunken_Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:49 AM   #7
gwia
Aussie Philosophy

like Metroid Prime 3 and SSBB but at least you have LoZTP to last you for a while. Also get ExciteTruck and Project H.A.M.M.E.R
Old 12-08-2006, 03:01 AM   #8
nickychris3

My mom's friends with these people who test game consoles before they're released, and they got to mess with the Wii and PS3... apparently the PS3 is so bad it almost makes one want to cry (it's not even combatible with the previous two systems)... basically it's PS2, only bigger, and a lot worse, I believe the quote was "Not even worth your time" or something along those lines. Whereas with the Wii, apparently it's so good that it completely crushes the PS3 into the dust. I'll just have to wait for my own opinion to form though. I think the main reason why people thought the Wii was gonna suck was because it had a funny name.

Last edited by nickychris3; 12-11-2006 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:09 AM   #9
gwia
Aussie Philosophy

Yeah Nintendo of Australia put on their first ad since 1999 for the wii.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:02 AM   #10
uglypugly

Lawl @ downvoters.

Even i would give PS3 a 5. Check out this site- www.nexgenwars.com
Old 12-25-2006, 03:12 AM   #11
xyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNaPaLm32 View Post
its really just because there are no PS3's to buy.
Well that is how the PS2 "won" in 2001/2.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:31 PM   #12
MrNaPaLm32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyz View Post
Well that is how the PS2 "won" in 2001/2.
nah, its the same reason the 360 is "winning" right now, it came out a year earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickychris3 View Post
My mom's friends with these people who test game consoles before they're released, and they got to mess with the Wii and PS3... apparently the PS3 is so bad it almost makes one want to cry (it's not even combatible with the previous two systems)... basically it's PS2, only bigger, and a lot worse, I believe the quote was "Not even worth your time" or something along those lines. Whereas with the Wii, apparently it's so good that it completely crushes the PS3 into the dust. I'll just have to wait for my own opinion to form though. I think the main reason why people thought the Wii was gonna suck was because it had a funny name.
Idont know where you got that information from, the PS3 is completely backwards compatible with the PS2. However I will agree that Sony F'ed up big with the PS3

Last edited by MrNaPaLm32; 12-31-2006 at 02:33 PM.
MrNaPaLm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:10 AM   #13
Frookie

I have a Wii
I enjoy the interactivity with the sensor bar
I like the weather channel on it
I like playing Wii Sports, Red Steel, and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

the Wii is awesome
Old 01-04-2007, 12:43 AM   #14
gwia
Aussie Philosophy

Frookie why would you need the weather channel? It's for people that go outside, fat tubs of lard like you stay inside and claim that swinging your arm around is exercise.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:30 AM   #15
RobinH
g-user

i will agree two with most of people here that ps3 has lots of bugs at its initial stages
RobinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:29 PM   #16
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

I have a PS3, and a Wii. The PS3 is better.

Wii has a larger library of games, yes, but the controller is horrible. Screw your 'revolutionary' design Nintendo.
The motion sensing is a gimmick that gets old and repetitive fast. As a normal controller, it's weird to hold and use because it's small, and has no grips of any sort.
On the plus side, the Wii does have games worth playing despite the controller, such as Twilight Princess and Super Paper Mario.
No bugs or quirks in the system for me.

The PS3 controller...well, imagine a PS2 controller for a second. Take away it's rumble, make it wireless, and give it tilt function. Theres the controller. The tilt function is as much a gimmick as the motion sensor on the Wii, but it's not often used yet, and it's less annoying.
The games are generally graphically stunning, and despite the small library, has a few gems, such as Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Resistance: Fall of Man, and The Darkness.
No bugs or quirks in the system for me.

I'll compare these to the 360 when I get it in the next month or two.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:26 PM   #17
gwia
Aussie Philosophy

Quote:
yes, but the controller is horrible. Screw your 'revolutionary' design Nintendo.
It pisses me off a bit with certain games like Sonic and the secret rings and parts of Wii Play (Charge) but I find for the games I have (Twilight Princess, Sonic and The Secret Rings, Wii Sports, Wii Play and Mario Strikers Charged Football) it's implemented in a real great and fun way for the most part. Some games wouldn't be fun without it, Wii Sports is the only fun Tennis/Golf game I've ever owned (and I've owned more than just Mario Tennis/Golf).

Quote:
The PS3 controller...well, imagine a PS2 controller for a second. Take away it's rumble, make it wireless, and give it tilt function. Theres the controller. The tilt function is as much a gimmick as the motion sensor on the Wii, but it's not often used yet, and it's less annoying.
Too me this says scared of change.

Quote:
I have a PS3, and a Wii. The PS3 is better.
Too each his own, I don't own a PS3, it's a rip off I mean $900 for something I don't even want that much? No. I might get it when it's a little cheaper and the release GTA4 and any future ones, but I might just get a 360 for them instead... I only own a Wii at the moment but I should be getting a 360 for my birthday.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:16 AM   #18
RobinH
g-user

well 360 is nice choice though but just wait and watch how ps3 will beat all the gaming consoles now revolving ....
RobinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 04:49 PM   #19
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by guess_who_i_am View Post
It pisses me off a bit with certain games like Sonic and the secret rings and parts of Wii Play (Charge) but I find for the games I have (Twilight Princess, Sonic and The Secret Rings, Wii Sports, Wii Play and Mario Strikers Charged Football) it's implemented in a real great and fun way for the most part. Some games wouldn't be fun without it, Wii Sports is the only fun Tennis/Golf game I've ever owned (and I've owned more than just Mario Tennis/Golf).
The only game where I've really seen the controller shine so far is Wii Sports. I've still a limited collection as I've only recently obtained the Wii, so I understand there may be more games. But in other games, like Twilight Princess, it just seems, to me, ridiculous to shake the controllers around to attack.
Quote:
Too me this says scared of change.
I love change. However, I also believe that if isn't broke, you shouldn't try to fix it. The PS controller is good as it is, so they don't need to change much about it. I like that they added wireless capabilities, but so far I don't like the tilt function. I've only played one game where that came into use so far though. I don't care about the removal of the rumble pack; it has no value on gameplay.
Quote:
Too each his own, I don't own a PS3, it's a rip off I mean $900 for something I don't even want that much? No. I might get it when it's a little cheaper and the release GTA4 and any future ones, but I might just get a 360 for them instead... I only own a Wii at the moment but I should be getting a 360 for my birthday.
$600 for the upcoming 80gig model (I think it comes with a game), $500 for the soon-to-be-discontinued 60gig model.
But, you're right; no point in spending money on something you don't even want.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:22 AM   #20
grant.a06

my answer
wii=good
ps3=bad
reasons:
wii:i have one and its great most interactive thing ever
ps3:don't have one and they have released it too late too expensive
you can get the same quality graphics on the 360 which i own
it doesn't really look at all that great on tv (this is living? get real) or it might be my tv's crap quality (stupid tv)
and i am mostly a Nintendo fan (actually i'm a big Nintendo fan (mostly a Mario Fan)(lol brackets in brackets))
Old 07-31-2007, 03:52 PM   #21
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

Grant, you're a kid. And even as a kid, you're of pretty limited intelligence. So I'm just going to let you float around in your own little world.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:32 PM   #22
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

Grant...that's the most close-minded opinion I've heard so far today.
Drunken_Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote