Go Back   gprime.net boards > other stuff > General game discussion > Nintendo

Nintendo Discussion of Nintendo console gaming products

Old 07-31-2007, 02:14 PM   #1
ironkitten

Tournaments Won: 1

Question Old school Nintendo VS New school nintendo

I own a SNES, NES, N64 and a Gamecube. I have yet to get a Wii, mostly because i spend all my money on other stuff, but also because i feel like all i would do with it is download old Nintendo games that i all ready own in their original form.

Does anyone else have any feelings on this? Does Nintendo make its money nowadays just by rehashing its old glory days?

Last edited by ironkitten; 07-31-2007 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:41 PM   #2
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

No. They make their money through 'innovation'.
Ryu-Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:49 AM   #3
RobinH
g-user

yeah wii is their one of the biggest innovation....
RobinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:12 PM   #4
taylormade
g-user

I still have my N64. The originals are way better than the Wii but you can buy the original nintendos games and put them on the wii.
taylormade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:59 PM   #5
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

Wii was fun while the innovation craze lasted. However, I don't think it has that same lasting impact as Nintendo's previous consoles.
Drunken_Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:08 PM   #6
Forseti
Carny Folk

Yes, 4 years ago, we shat ourselves when we saw the motion technology. But now there's motion sensing air fresheners.. everything is motion sensing.

Perhaps they'll integrate it into Wii2, so at least the lazy gamers who never shower can smell nice.
Forseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:13 PM   #7
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

It could be some sort of downloadable app that they'll have to purchase online.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:13 PM   #8
Tommygun711
Hardcore boxer

I'm not very impressed with the wii. the graphics seem to be a little better then the gamecube at best and the games pretty much blow.
I don't care for the motion shit, it doesn't make the games any more fun or "active" then walking up your stairs two steps at a time.
why couldn't they just make w regular controller with motion like the ps3? personally, the ps3 is the best right now.. just my opinion.
nintendo systems were way better back then
Tommygun711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:59 AM   #9
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommygun711 View Post
I'm not very impressed with the wii. the graphics seem to be a little better then the gamecube at best and the games pretty much blow.
I don't care for the motion shit, it doesn't make the games any more fun or "active" then walking up your stairs two steps at a time.
why couldn't they just make w regular controller with motion like the ps3? personally, the ps3 is the best right now.. just my opinion.
nintendo systems were way better back then
I will agree that the graphics are definitely not that impressive for the Wii as the hardware in the Wii itself is pretty low end stuff. However, the hardware in the controller itself is actually a lot more impressive as the controller has Bluetooth in it. This why you can do stuff like syncing your Wii mote to the computer so you can actually use it on the PC. You still have to admit though the Wii was pretty successful and innovative for such a humble little game system that didn't have much graphics for it. The PS3 is definitely the most powerful of all the seventh generation game consoles, with the 360 trailing barely behind it. However, in terms of innovation and creativity the Wii definitely has the number 1 spot for that. Also...I thought you'd at least like the Wii for having Wii boxing in it. Haha...or maybe it's because you totally lost at it or because you won it easily and thought it wasn't realistic enough. Still...you have to give the Wii credit for being able to keep up with powerful consoles such as the PS3 and 360.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:37 AM   #10
Dudeo
GLITTER ACTION SHIT

Tournaments Won: 2

Dude, two years ago in my CS class I used a Wiimote for 3D head tracking. Shit was so cash.
Dudeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:17 PM   #11
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

I saw some vid where a dude used the Wii mote to play WoW...I mean you can do so many things with the Wii mote. Hell you can probably draw crap in the screen with the Wii mote or something.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #12
Forseti
Carny Folk

I'll probably repurchase the Wii once the new Zelda hits the console.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:50 PM   #13
Tommygun711
Hardcore boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken_Shinobi View Post
. Also...I thought you'd at least like the Wii for having Wii boxing in it. Haha...or maybe it's because you totally lost at it or because you won it easily and thought it wasn't realistic enough.
well to be honest if I wanted to play a boxin game I would play fight night round 4 I just wish they had more classic boxers they didn't really brush up on a lot of things in that game lol the wii boxing is fun but I would rather just get in the ring and duke it out instead of flailing my arms around and stuff lol
the wii sports addition is cool, it's a really food idea actually. best thing since the power glove at Least :P
I would like to see some more good games on it tho.. and something more violent and cold blooded. too bad nintendo is aiming at a younger age group and they're too panzy for it.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:44 PM   #14
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

The only M-rated game on the Wii I know of so far is Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, Call of Duty 3, and Call of Duty: World at War. I'm pretty sure there are a lot more than that but I just haven't heard of those yet.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:15 PM   #15
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

The Wii had some great titles during it's first year or two. While there haven't been as many major releases on the platform recently, there have been some good games like Little King's Story and No More Heroes 2. The Wii definitely does not appeal to everyone, but it has some games worth playing if you know what to look for.

Also, what is the big deal about Mature rated games? The best game of 2009 was rated Teen, so it's clear that rating is no indication of quality.
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:08 AM   #16
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyyou27 View Post
The Wii had some great titles during it's first year or two. While there haven't been as many major releases on the platform recently, there have been some good games like Little King's Story and No More Heroes 2. The Wii definitely does not appeal to everyone, but it has some games worth playing if you know what to look for.

Also, what is the big deal about Mature rated games? The best game of 2009 was rated Teen, so it's clear that rating is no indication of quality.
I know...but apparently to entertain some of the 'masses'(AKA: The 'mature' audience), the violence and other 'mature' content must be included to make that console remotely entertaining or 'good' to them. I honestly don't judge the quality of the console based on how many M-rated games there are, although I personally like it when a game console with good potential has a number of M-rated games to give it some 'flavor'.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:01 PM   #17
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken_Shinobi View Post
I know...but apparently to entertain some of the 'masses'(AKA: The 'mature' audience), the violence and other 'mature' content must be included to make that console remotely entertaining or 'good' to them. I honestly don't judge the quality of the console based on how many M-rated games there are, although I personally like it when a game console with good potential has a number of M-rated games to give it some 'flavor'.
Typically those that jump and scream for Mature rated games aren't old enough to buy them on their own. Games like Call of Duty and Halo use their mature rating as a marketing point.
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:05 PM   #18
Tommygun711
Hardcore boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyyou27 View Post
Typically those that jump and scream for Mature rated games aren't old enough to buy them on their own. Games like Call of Duty and Halo use their mature rating as a marketing point.
not at all. compared to the other 2 major systems they don't really have a lot o violence and I feel that some of te games on the wii aren't very good cuz they watered down the violence a bit.
maybe I'm just a freak, but I like killing people in videogames. that being said, the wii is simply aiming for a younger audience with the motion control stuff. I think that the kind of controller that they use is so younger kids can learn how to play it easier.
just my opinion.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:33 PM   #19
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommygun711 View Post
not at all. compared to the other 2 major systems they don't really have a lot o violence and I feel that some of te games on the wii aren't very good cuz they watered down the violence a bit.
maybe I'm just a freak, but I like killing people in videogames. that being said, the wii is simply aiming for a younger audience with the motion control stuff. I think that the kind of controller that they use is so younger kids can learn how to play it easier.
just my opinion.
It is quite possible that the Wii has less violent games than the 360 and PS3, however, that still has no relevance to the success and quality of the Wii itself. Secondly...just because an M-rated game happens to be ported over to the Wiii doesn't mean that the people in the company who created the game decided that the Wii is 'just for kids' and therefore they are 'forced' to tone down the violence. On the contrary the themes, stories, and the violence some games on the Wii such as Resident Evil games and Silent Hill are far from being 'toned down'. Though I can't blame you for not considering this as the lack of nice graphics probably makes the M-rated games on the Wii seem a little 'toned down'.

Lastly, you also claim that Wii is specifically targeted towards a younger audience. This is also far from being true as Nintendo created the Wii with the intention of selling it to anybody who was interested, regardless of age or gender. The system itself was not only innovative compared to the other systems but it's also a system that even non-gamers or 'casual gamers' could easily play because there aren't that as many buttons to press on the Wii mote and thus the player doesn't have to spend as much time learning control schemes(or in some cases complex button combinations) as they do with the 360 and PS3. Yes...and as much as you and I have no problem with doing such things, there are people out there who have never touched a video game controller in their life.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:40 PM   #20
Forseti
Carny Folk

Houston, we have a Nintendo fan boy.

Also, high five. :D
Old 02-12-2010, 03:23 PM   #21
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
Houston, we have a Nintendo fan boy.

Also, high five. :D
Actually I'm not really a Nintendo fan boy. I was just making some points to support Nintendo's Wii for the sake of discussion. I really have more fun playing the 360 and PS3 than I do with the Wii. I mean the Wii was fun at first but I got bored of it easily because it just isn't the kind of system that would keep an average gamer, such as myself, entertained for too long. Though it still is fun to play the Wii on occasion when there's too much 'rage quitting' from playing other games and what not.