Go Back   gprime.net boards > other stuff > sports

sports all about.. you guessed it.. sports

Old 10-06-2008, 07:41 PM   #1
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Default I'm tired of idiots who know nothing about MMA talking about how great Kimbo Slice is

Honestly, he has no ground skills whatsoever. If he fought any REAL MMA fighters he'd just be adding losses to his record. It's great that he's bringing new fans to MMA, but people who have been watching it for years know he's nothing special. Even if he had fought Shamrock and won, that doesn't really mean a lot because even though Shamrock was a pioneer to the sport, he's old now and has lost 8 of his last 10 fights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8J4L...eature=related
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:07 PM   #2
Supa Fool
Band

Tournaments Won: 2

I watch a bit of MMA, and while I like him and his awesome beard, I realize he is terrible and just a street fighter.
Supa Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:17 PM   #3
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Fool View Post
I watch a bit of MMA, and while I like him and his awesome beard, I realize he is terrible and just a street fighter.
Yeah, I don't actually have a problem with the guy himself, but the way his "fans" think he is the greatest fighter in the world.
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #4
Dudeo
GLITTER ACTION SHIT

Tournaments Won: 2

I don't watch MMA as much as I'd like to.

I'd like to think I'm tougher than all these guys, but I'm probably not even close.
Dudeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:52 PM   #5
Led_Zeppelin
America, Canada's pants.

You cant be an amazing fighter if you get knocked out by a nobody in 14 seconds.
Led_Zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:41 AM   #6
Axel
=D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyyou27 View Post
Honestly, he has no ground skills whatsoever. If he fought any REAL MMA fighters he'd just be adding losses to his record. It's great that he's bringing new fans to MMA, but people who have been watching it for years know he's nothing special. Even if he had fought Shamrock and won, that doesn't really mean a lot because even though Shamrock was a pioneer to the sport, he's old now and has lost 8 of his last 10 fights.

1) You're an MMA fan as well eh?
2) Even though I can't watch the video because I'm capped, I can already tell that he's a shitbrick because his main style of fighting is boxing.

In my opinion, the greatest MMA fighter there ever was is Rickson Gracie.
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #7
Tommygun711
Hardcore boxer

Well, I box, but I don't see that as a very good advantage compared to most MMA fighters. I only say this cause if you cover up as a boxer, you always have some part of your body open for attack. I'm suggesting that:

1). Yeah, he can probably street fight, but if he went up against any of the real fighters like Cro Crop he'd get raped just as easy.
2). Maybe if he used kick boxing as well, he'd be a better fighter all-around.

But Kimbo Slice is a big name. He may just be a street fighter, but he has his wins.
Tommygun711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:10 PM   #8
Led_Zeppelin
America, Canada's pants.

Kimbo is slow. Sparring is his thing, but the ufc isn't a street fighting league.
Led_Zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:42 PM   #9
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyyou27 View Post

Yeah...I'm kind of tired how there's all these Kimbo fans out there who totally thinks he's the shit and he can go on to MMA to become the champion of everybody. Honestly, as far his fights have gone most of them are at most a 'joke'. Especially that one fight where he practically got knocked out in less than half a minute into the fight.
Drunken_Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote